Position Announcement and Job Description Administrator
(Part-Time, Remote with Occasional In-Person Commitments)
Position Overview: The Administrator for the Maine Association of Mediators (MAM) serves a vital role for a statewide, non-profit organization with over 100 active members and many more who rely on member services. As the only paid staff member for MAM, the Administrator maintains daily operations for the organization and supports various activities of volunteers who plan events, conduct outreach activities, and support the provision of mediation and other dispute resolution services in Maine. The position reports to the Board of Governors through the President.
Summary of Duties: This is a part-time position with flexible work hours that are primarily performed remotely. There are, however, some site-specific tasks (e.g. mail pickup, event setup) and occasional day/evening meeting commitments, including bi-monthly Board meetings where attendance is required. Primary responsibilities of the position include:
• Supporting the Board of Governors in fulfilling the organizational mission;
• Performing basic bookkeeping using QuickBooks Online, including paying bills, making bank deposits, preparing monthly financial reports, and filing appropriate tax forms;
• Responding to voicemails and emails from members and consumers;
• Collecting and handling mail from the Portland post office;
• Managing and updating website content using Wild Apricot;
• Maintaining the membership database using Wild Apricot;
• Creating and posting events for members using Wild Apricot, Zoom and Google Forms; • Assisting with event setup and registration;
• Managing MAM documents in Google Drive or other cloud-based application;
• Filing for CLE credits with the Maine Bar Association and/or related entities;
• Completing additional tasks as assigned that fall reasonably within the scope of the responsibilities outlined above.
Job Requirements: Demonstrated experience with basic office procedures and new technology (Wild Apricot for website content and Quickbooks for payment processing), excellent communication and collaboration skills, ease with self-starting and the ability to anticipate needs of volunteer Board and committee members, and efficient planning skills are required. Non-profit organization and/or conflict resolution experience is preferred but not required.
The work is anticipated to take 15-30 hours per month with variability based on events and special projects.
Compensation: This position is paid on an hourly basis at the rate of $20.00 per hour.
Application: Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, along with a resume (with references) demonstrating relevant experience to Jay Wilgus, MAM President, via email at email@example.com or by regular mail to P.O. Box 503, Kittery, Maine 03904. Questions: Please direct any questions you might have about the position to MAM President, Jay Wilgus, at 385-274-7114. Thanks for your interest!